Here is my recipe for turkey chili. It's fast, healthy and perfect on top of a bowl of rice (or Fritos) topped with shredded cheddar cheese.
- 2 lbs. ground turkey
- 2 large cans "chili-style" tomato sauce
- 1 large can fat-free chicken broth
- 4 TBS chili powder
- 1 diced onion (red or white)
- Brown the ground turkey in a large stock pot, over medium-high heat. Use a wooden spoon or spatula to break the meat up into small pieces.
- Once the turkey is cooked thoroughly, pour the tomato sauce and chicken broth into the pot (I use an empty tomato sauce can to measure the chicken broth). Add the chili powder and onion and bring to a boil for 1-2 minutes.
- Simmer the chili, by covering the pot with a lid and reducing the heat to low, for 15-30 minutes.